Remember the seven cardinal sins? You’re given the serious task of adding a new one to the list — another trait or behavior you find particularly unacceptable, for whatever reason. What’s sin #8 for you? Why?
1. Greed – Wanting too much of something.
2. Gluttony – Similar to greed, but gluttony is the action of taking too much of something in.
3. Lust – The need to fulfill unspiritual desires (not just sexual desires, but this is usually what lust is associated with.)
4. Envy – Jealousy; wanting to have what someone has.
5. Sloth – Being too slow or lazy at doing something.
6. Wrath – Vindictive anger; angry revenge.
7. Pride – Being too self-satisfied – from (Urban Dictionary)
I would like to have one word in which to describe this, but unfortunately I can’t think of one. Something I’ve seen at play many times. My number 8 would be “Don’t hide behind your religion” Meaning: one should not twist the beliefs of their religion in order to justify their own or others wrong doings.